Click “request expert” for a free initial screening call with this expert or a similar expert regarding your expert consulting needs
The Supply Chain ERP Implementation expert is an experienced Supply Chain professional, with more than 20 years of end to end supply chain and operations management expertise. His strengths lie in key areas of supply chain and manufacturing disciplines including; global sourcing, planning and scheduling, sales & operations planning, warehousing and distribution, supplier management and logistics. He has managed multiple ERP and integrated supply chain implementations, with focus on the seemsless connection of business requirements to sytsem configuration. He is experienced in managing multi-million dollar supply chain operations, developing and implementing continuous process improvements, and exceeding Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that consistently converted organizational intent into tangible, deliverable results for companies ranging from $300 million OEM international distributor to a $2 billion manufacturing corporation.
- 20+ Years of Experience
- Supply Chain & Manufacturing Operations
- ERP and Integrated Supply Chain Implementation
- End to End Supply Chain Transformation
- Skilled at Process & Continuous Improvement
- S&OP Expertise
- Provided leadership on multiple corporate ERP implementation while meeting operational goals. Served as one of the functional leaders and experts on the project, ensuring correct MRP configuration and operation.
- Instituted Oracle Value Chain tool suite as a platform for enterprise supply chain management, directing the project to on-time, on-budget completion. Evaluated existing supply chain system, vetted new systems, and delivered C-level presentation on recommended solution.
- Improved customer fill rates from historically deficient levels to sustainable 95% (customers include large retailers; Walmart, Staples, and Office Depot, other distribution partners and buying groups).
- Increased inventory efficiency by reducing overall inventory investment by as much as 50% and implementing buying and supplier programs to increase inventory turns by 20% and reduce cost by 5%.
- Drove distribution network expense reduction of $2M annually by reducing logistics costs and optimizing the distribution network.
- Renegotiated global ocean logistics contract to reduce spend by $1M annually, including key consolidation of multiple carriers in dedicated lanes and service level agreements.
- Implemented supplier scorecard process to measure on-time delivery, quality, and cost, with OTD scoring at 91% average, quality at 94% average, and cost against 4% reduction target.
- Raised manufacturing productivity 3% while concurrently cutting expenses 7%. Improved machine run time to achieve $450K annual savings; decreased headcount and overhead expenses to save an additional $250K.
- Improved warehouse efficiency 10% and reduced expenses 2%, with an estimated $300K cost decrease across all warehouse functions from efficiency gains, labor and error reductions, and technology implementations.
- Led the complete reorganization of the demand and supply planning organization from a decentralized model to a centralized operation. Improved leveraging of resources and gained synergy in planning processes.
- Instituted a sustainable 3% annual expense reduction program in warehouse operations based on Lean process improvement integration, including consolidating picking programs, implementing zoning initiatives, redesigning the manifest station, and spearheading error rate decrease activities.
- Expanded S&OP process to include all global entities. Drove extensive effort in worldwide communications and leadership for this initiative, with a significant positive impact on inventory and product availability.