Click “request expert” for a free initial screening call with this expert or a similar expert regarding your expert consulting needs
This expert is an SME in Mergers and Acquisitions who has participated in 11 M&A transactions ranging from $10M to $11B, 6 on the Due Diligence side, 5 in post-merger acquisition, across a variety of sectors in Asia, N. America, and Europe. Working with PE groups and multinational corporations as both a general manager and specialist, he offers significant breadth of experience through line and staff assignments. His functional leadership roles include operations, marketing and sales, and financial advice in deal structuring, LBO implementation, and valuations. Collaborating with various banks, brokers, corporate M&A departments, corporate development colleagues and HNW individuals, he is actively retained to both find and assess strategic acquisition opportunities. He is described as an effective, innovative, results-driven executive with benchmarked successes in automated manufacturing, Go-To-Market strategy, market portfolio rationalization, plant optimization, P&L improvement, process redesign, R&D, supply chain restructuring, and technology transfers. Bringing proven leadership skills and an enthusiastic, hands-on, team player-coach style, Steve focuses on creating long-term value, often by working at the tactical level to create strategic options. He partners with organizations to teach them how to fish.
- 11 M&A, $10M-$11B, 6 DD, 5 Post-Merger
- 300+ Valuations for LBO assessments
- 30+ years of experience including Asia and EU
- 20+ years working with PE groups
- Direct experience in 15+ industries
- ChE, ME, EE degrees and Kellogg MBA
- $11B post-merger integration of $2B revenue med device corp by PE consortium.
led several key initiatives including plant rationalization, supply chain optimization, and portfolio management. he is hardworking, organized, and results driven. … His broad experience was helpful on numerous occasions when working through critical issues. He was … able to accomplish tasks at a very good rate. he is more than capable of managing complex assignments with little direction. Additionally, he led several teams … and displayed excellent communication and management skills. His positive attitude coupled with a strong work ethic and consistent contributions served as a platform of success. -VP of Supply Chain.
- Recruited by acquiring firm in 3B post-merger integration of market-leading Dutch semi-conductor equipment OEM buying strategic US vendor. Managed representation (voice at the table) of acquisition at parent HQ during global launch of new technology. Responsibilities included staffing new EU department (13 nationalities, BS, MS, and PhDs) and managing 5 US departments (120 staff and their managers) plus their deliverables. Promoted from Project Leader to Team Leader to Group Leader 8 months after hiring.
- Project Manager preparing $20M sports medicine carve-out to strategic vendor. Responsible for valuation and all due diligence on both Buy and Sell sides. Led negotiations to point of sale.
- Led M&A integration planning of $90M consumer durable acquisition for C-Suite. Deliverables included detailed checklists for all SG&A functions, estimated staffing requirements, migration plan for data, IT infrastructure, regulatory tracking and reporting requirements. 4-month project completed in 4 weeks. Acquisition successfully consummated.
- Created a Business Development roadmap for a North American high-tech $30M revenue / $85M market cap company to conservatively increase revenue by 50% and reduce Customer Concentration Risk from 95% to 50% in 3 years or less. Focused on Sales and Marketing, to identify both near- and far-adjacent industries for organic growth and diversification. Stock price doubled in 6 months.
- Interim CEO/President of turnaround of 25-year-old agricultural equipment maker. Implemented complete overhaul of all business systems, from Sales & Marketing through Engineering, Operations, Finance, and HR. Brought company from Chapter 7 (liquidation) 1QF1 to profitable revenue by 4QF1 with 250% YoY increase in new orders for 1QF2.