Click “request expert” for a free initial screening call with this expert or a similar expert regarding your expert consulting needs
This expert has broad and deep business leadership and operating experience with the distinct advantage of (10 years) business analysis and finance, (20+ years) C-level and more recently consulting for private and public large/mature, start-up and growth-stage, pivoting and turnarounds in financial and business services as well as numerous SaaS/Cloud and technology services businesses. Importantly, his long-demonstrated ability to be effective in varied and challenging situations has not been hindered by a lack of previous experience in a role, environment or industry. He is naturally entrepreneurial, focused on building and growing, but also disciplined in his thinking and execution. He is a consummate leader that in addition to significant skills and experience uses natural collegiality, good instincts, solid intuition and integrity to guide his approach and decision-making.
He has led numerous entrepreneurial and turnaround endeavors in both financial services and technology businesses quickly and effectively analyzing situational conditions, hiring and formulating teams, collaborating on direction-setting/planning based on strategic imperatives, establishing necessary processes and providing hands-on effective execution largely meeting expectations under often very challenging circumstances. Kevin adds an analytical mindset, a preference for data-driven decisions and sufficient deliberation while maintaining a sense-of-urgency about acting and optimal execution. He is an articulate, high energy, dedicated, hard-working, completely dependable, trustworthy and results-driven executive capable of working at all levels within and across an organization and external stakeholders.
- 10 years commercial and investment banking
- 20 years C-level start-up/pivot experience
- 4 years fractional executive and consulting
- B2B, B2G, B2C and B2B2C markets
- Analyzing, negotiating, financing alliances
- Investment and acquisition due diligence
- Leader, mentor, coach, manager
- Team building, strategy, operations
- Plan, process, metrics/KPI development
- Transformation, innovation, change management
- Direct and channel sales, client and partner relationship management
- Conducted due diligence on an early-stage software business for an 8-figure investment by a Fortune 316 financial services company and supported follow-on business integration.
- Led stabilization, turnaround and repositioning of a mission-critical global Cloud Operations department at a $130 million end-point data back-up, security and recovery business.
- Led financial, operational and strategic turnaround of a 200 employee, 25-year-old customer experience measurement business in decline for over 6 years.
- Co-founded and have led the start-up phase of a new SaaS/Cloud-based solution for enterprise stakeholder engagement and marketing content creation tool (simultaneous to the above two).
- Hired by venture capital investors into a struggling-to-emerge early-stage software business to operationalize, pivot strategy, build new product and go-to-market in large enterprise.
- As first employee/President led the start-up, emerging and growth phases of a new SaaS/Cloud-based B2B product/brand security solution. Led initial and ongoing planning, product development, fiscal management, global channel sales development (e.g. 3M), client sales efforts, etc. for 9 years.
- Hired to turn around an insolvent legacy systems integration business and simultaneously start a new network management software business to fulfill a contract to the Iowa Communications Network. Finalized turnaround within 2 years, divested legacy business and built software business to $5m in revenues, 55 employees and negotiated an offer to acquire the business by Polycom.