mp;A’s Sales & Distribution recruiting team has years of experience in hiring the best sales management and sales professionals and understands the optimal process for hiring the best sales and distribution resources for your organization. The key is to focus on professionals who have experience, relationships and a strong track record calling on and selling to the similar target market and buy-points within that market.
Once the right professionals are targeted it becomes a process of broadly soliciting interest with a strong message about why they should be interested in the new organization and an effective process of evaluating candidates that will be successful in the new organization. Our searches typically reach out to 500+ target professionals and through our unique evaluation process that incorporates client perspective we can quickly get the list to the top 5-10 candidates that will have the best probability of success for the new organization.
We maintain and grow a network of sales professionals but for sales and distribution searches we typically go well beyond our network in finding the right candidates for clients. We also have a network of interim sales leaders who can step in quickly to help clients in improving their sales and distribution processes or act as a key “hands-on” business development professional.
Trends in Sales & Distribution Recruiting and Talent Acquisition
Today’s corporate environment has a high level of companies investing in growth, creating a high competitive marketplace for good sales and distribution professionals. Strong performers have more choices than ever and companies trying to recruit in this area need to have a compelling story to attract candidates. The key elements are:
- Demonstrating that you are investing in their success in the new role. This can involve a number of things such as, providing an incentive plan that is doable and is weighted more to fix pay in the initial years, sales support mechanisms, and annual training.
- Demonstrating that the work they’re doing will matter to them. This can mean different things to different people but can involve demonstrating a relevant career path for successful professionals, and demonstrating a culture that will make the job environment enjoyable.
- Demonstrating a product / service that is doing something powerful in the marketplace. It’s critical that organization’s have a product / service that is generating buzz in the marketplace and will by itself help open doors.
- Demonstrating successful leadership. It’s critical that the management team shows themselves as credible business leaders with strong track records. Additionally, demonstrating recent success and growth in the company is a must. Even in a turn-around situation, building a talk track to describe how things are changing is critical.
In today’s competitive environment for sales and distribution talent, additional effort must be exerted to attract and retain top sales talent that goes beyond an increase in compensation. We are experts in helping companies with their Sales recruiting and Distribution recruiting and can help companies be highly successful in attracting the best talent.
Request for Services
Let us know how we can help you with your Sales & Distribution recruiting and talent needs and our Executive Search team will follow up with you promptly.
Our team has successfully placed a broad range of roles:
- VP Sales
- VP Sales & Marketing
- VP Business Development
- Director Of Sales
- Director Of Account Management
- Regional Sales Manager
- National Account Manager
- Account Executive
- Account Manager
- Director Of Distribution
- Distribution Manager
- Channel Sales Manager
- Channel Development Manager
- Director Of Channel Sales
- Director Of Partner Sales
- Sales Representative
Our Sales & Distribution team works across the following industries:
- Building Materials
- CPG & Consumer
- Food, Ingredients, and Food Processing
- Healthcare / Medical
- Life Sciences
- Software / IT