Candy Manufacturing Expert #01001
This Candy Manufacturing expert and Baked Goods Manufacturing expert has over 30 years in the food industry, primarily in baked goods and confectioneries primarily as a plant manager. He knows what makes a plant work and how to achieve success. He has become a change agent in the candy industry and as the leader of numerous candy factories was able to reduce cost, improve throughput, improve safety performance, and move them through a steady of regulatory and auditing regulations. He has extensive experience with facility turnaround initiatives as either the champion, or as a focused facility resource to help keep initiatives on track.
- 30+ years of experience
- Expert in efficiency and throughput improvements
- Expert in down-time and change time reductions
- Experience in multiple gummy and confection products
- Over 30 AIB inspections, all excellent or above
- 3 Consecutive Superior AIB Ratings
- Production part planning expertise
- Doubled Plant output in the first 4 months of a recent consulting assignment.
- Changed the fiscal direction of a confection facility from a 7 figure loss to break even.
- Led a major project to install, commission, and scale-up a new automated line to introduce a new product category to the factory.
- Drove culture changes to shift a plant from private ownership to corporate culture.
- Improved plant performance through 3 business ownership changes.
- Managed the Delivered a plant's first on-time and complete holiday season in 25 years.
- Initiated SPC controls in 3 facilities resulting in over $500,000 savings.
- Saved a national sales account by providing regular, direct contact with the plant.
- Managing Principal
- Facilities Manager
- Plant Manager
- Director Of Operations
- Bakery Director