Click “request expert” for a free initial screening call with this expert or a similar expert regarding your expert consulting needs
This interim Director of FP&A is a senior finance leader who has extensive experience in food manufacturing and distribuio with both large and small companies. She enjoys working with cross-functional leaders to translate financial data into clear and concise information to improve decision-making. By using her skills in ERP systems and financial analysis/reporting, she is able to obtain relevant data, then analyze and report it so that it is easily understood and actionable. Her background in inventory accounting and cost accounting have served her well when it comes to working with manufacturing plants. She is also experienced in strategic planning and controllership activities such as month-end close, banking and insurance. Her background also includes extensive financial modeling, M&A activites, and ERP intergartions/conversions. An energetic leader, she enjoys coaching and empowering her team to help them better serve their internal and external customers.
• Food Manufacturing
• 20+ years of experience
• Senior Finance leader
• Extensive Modeling, Reporting
• Skilled in process improvement, integrations, conversions
• Knowledgeable on several ERP systems including SAP, Sage, PeopleSoft, QB Enterprise
- Led FP&A process for 15 Distribution Centers and 2 Food Manufacturing Plants including monthly reporting and analysis for plant Operations Leadership Team. . Led annual operating plan process. Developed KPI scorecard to highlight key variances and metrics. Improved financial integrity, SIOP processes and decision-making.
- Redesigned and streamlined all financial reports to comply with GAAP. Changed inventory valuation method, corrected terminology, eliminated unnecessary allocations, and corrected balance sheet discrepancies. Resulted in faster, accurate and more useful reports. Improved decision-making and focus on strategic issues.
- Developed the lead generation function for a cybersecurity startup that provides a niche data product to government and commercial security analysts. Researched, selected, and manage a third-party digital media firm that provides SEO and an integrated sales and marketing program for sales development. Targeting via LinkedIn yielding over 20% response in SQLs. First two sales paid for cost of program.
- Increased ROI of a $3.6M digital lead purchasing program by profiling high potential consumers and tightening specifications. Cost per lead increased, but conversion rates improved.
- Implemented P&L analysis and review meetings. Designed analysis model, educated operations management on meaning behind calculations, and trained accounting staff on completing analysis. Resulted in $250K increase in net income due to correcting issues uncovered: outdated quotes still being used, inappropriate labor scheduling that increased costs, and customers being undercharged for high material costs.
- Developed customer profitability modeling and reporting resulting in better cross functional understanding of sales and pricing decisions resulted in over $500K in bottom line improvement
- Improved and standardized Days On Hand inventory reporting and led initiatives to reduce excess inventory of $3 million.
- Led cross-functional team of 12 to implement Hyperion Essbase
- CFO/Director of Finance
- FP&A Senior Director
- FP&A Manager, Senior Analyst
- Plant Controller
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration Finance
- CMA in Process
- Graduate courses in Tax, SEC regulation, Contracts, Agency & Partnership from Hamline University
- Continuing Education seminars & training
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org