Click “request expert” for a free initial screening call with this expert or a similar expert regarding your expert consulting needs
This professional is a senior executive with extensive manufacturing operations experience in the areas of electro-mechanical, electro-optical and electronic design and assembly. This professional has executed and delivered in turn around, expansion and startup scenarios. They have deep supply chain experience with Asia ,Europe as well as domestic suppliers.
• 20+ years of senior level experience
• Turn-around / expansion / divestiture experience
• G/A and Supply Chain leadership experience
• ISO 9001 / Lean Six Sigma / JIT / Kan Ban
• Global business transformation leader
• Effective leader / mentor
• IT / ERP / BI savvy
• Product Regulatory
• HR / Finance
- Recent situation with similar company – MultiDyne Electronics
- Hired to turn-around this small assembly-oriented manufacturer
- Initial situation – negative cash-flow, production backlog of over 2m Production halted; Credit hold with most suppliers; Threat of order cancellations; Failed ERP implementation; Incomplete facility move; Failed attempt to integrate new staff; No product / technology roadmap
- Rationalized staffing and set clear roles and responsibilities
- Worked with global suppliers to remove credit holds and obtain materials
- Worked with critical customers to provide mission critical deliveries
- Over time, moved the team from non-functional to high performing with record shipments, high customer satisfaction, and increased revenue and profit.
- Developed OEM agreements to create stable recurring revenue.
- Rationalized supplier base and created true partner suppliers
- Previous company – CVD equipment (large scale composite manufacturing equipment)
- Hired to grow new business and secured $50MM in new contracts for 3 year period
- Created and built a new business unit focused on aviation
- Symbol / Motorola
- Career ranged from electro-mechanical assembler to senior staff executive including leading operations for the division and engineering director responsible for components engineering, mechanical engineering analysis, regulatory compliance, quality, and testing.
- Facilitated the evolution of Symbol Technologies from start-up to $1.6 billion in revenues.
- Managed a budget of $14 million and a global staff of 120 associates.
- Lean Six Sigma / ISO 9001
- SUNY Empire State – Ongoing
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com