Click “request expert” for a free initial screening call with this expert or a similar expert regarding your expert consulting needs
This expert in Sell-Side M&A has been a global CFO and Chief Strategy Officer with extensive, hands-on sell-side M&A experience in the payments space with a proven track record of financial leadership in privately-held, middle-market companies. Through proactive planning and purposeful presentation of his company’s financials and proformas, he prepares pitchbooks that effectively maximize seller’s upfront valuation expectations while helping buyers determine that the transaction fit their deal criterion. By presenting adjusted financials coupled with potential deal synergies, he shapes a favorable narrative from the seller’s perspective serving as the basis for the upfront valuation negotiation which he successfully supports through the remainder of the transaction process. Under tight timelines, Rob works collaboratively with the Owner and cross-functional leadership team to successfully respond to due diligence requests and to prepare professional presentations providing deep dives into all operating areas of the company. During the process, he demonstrates extensive experience mitigating risks and overcoming sensitivities with the entire sell-side deal team, collaborating with the Owner/Founder, board, senior management and external advisors including the Investment Banker and lawyers to a successful closing. He has served as a financial advisor on multiple senior management teams and is skilled at building meaningful and trusted relationships with Owners and other C-Suite executives while working across the organization. Rob’s transaction experience includes accountability over high performing finance/accounting teams to drive transactional, operational and potentially synergistic economics. His firsthand M&A experience includes transaction strategies that include target identification, pitchbooks, deal negotiation, due diligence, legal as well as working closely with potential buyers to address and resolve issues to maximize transaction value. He develops innovative solutions that accelerate project timelines while ensuring the deal/project economics are achieved. He is a strategic thinker and strong communicator that can speak finance and effectively communicate the story of the business using financials and forecasts. He is a team player who collaborates across owners, functions, levels and business units to identify deal drivers and assess financial data required to respond to buyer’s inquires in the best light possible for the seller.
- 30+ years of financial experience
- M&A Transaction Executive
- Senior Finance leader
- Payments experience
- Strategic Deal Advisor
- Corporate Development
- Skilled in EBITDA improvement & creating value from deal synergies
- Full-cycle leadership to the successful sale (nine-figure amount) of a global issuer and reseller of prepaid retail-branded and Visa/Mastercard stored value gift cards.
- Negotiated deal synergies and adjusted financial results to increase total enterprise value and cash returns to shareholders representing 17% of sales price.
- Led sell-side transaction process from potential target identification, initial pitchbooks, deal negotiation, due diligence, management presentations and coordination with investment bankers and legal advisors through successful closing.
- Analyzed proposed offers rejected based on valuation, ultimately leading to the successful sale of the company at a 50% premium over prior offers.
- Chief Strategy Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com