Healthcare Medicaid Expert #01012
This Healthcare Medicaid expert has over 30 years industry experience including managed care for both publicly-traded and nonprofit entities. Achievements include success in business development and startup, strategic planning and government relations. Strengths include building high-performance teams, marketing, community affairs and outreach, contracting, business development and sales, coupled with effective problem-solving skills, staff development and profit growth.
- 30 plus years’ experience in healthcare
- Business to business strategy and sales success
- Medicaid operations and policy
- Transformation leader
- Skilled trainer and facilitator
- Succession planning
- 25 years experience in the Missouri insurance market
Championed and developed the adoption of the Medicaid business development cycle and new business strategy resulting in $2.6B in new revenues with nearly 700,000 new members.
- Built the first RFP Team and supervised comprehensive Medicaid market research.
- Established primary contacts with key stakeholders, state regulators and legislators, and community influencers.
- Coordinated all outreach strategies for organic growth in existing plans and supervised national Medicaid contracting staff.
- Recruited a new management team and expanded call center operations from one location in Jefferson City to an addition Center in St. Louis.
- Increased membership from 85K to 300K and company revenue from $18M to $38M in 18 months.
- Increased provider participation from 250 to more than 1,500.
- Developed and initiated the health plan’s first government relations initiatives and strategies as well as creating a network of nonprofit organizations to support health plan initiatives and member wellness programs.
- Redesigned RFP process and received the first 100 percent score in a Missouri statewide bid.
- Supervised the development and implementation of a new marketing and branding campaign that enrolled 40K additional members, leading to a 53% statewide market share amongst the eight Medicaid MCOs in the state.
- Lobbied Legislators and Medicaid agency to receive the two largest rate increases in six years.