Restaurant Finance & Accounting Expert #01003
This Restaurant Accounting Expert has a proven aptitude for leveraging vast expertise and strong relationships to provide actionable and efficient solutions that grow revenue and reduce costs. They spent much of their career with McDonald’s Corporation where they played various roles in supporting the financial management and accounting roll-up from the franchises. They have a strong technical accounting understanding and “hands-on” skills and have a deep understanding of accounting issues and processes related to the restaurant industry.
- 20+ years of experience
- 17+ years of experience with McDonalds Corporation – various Accounting / Finance roles.
- Oversaw financials for business segment of 700 restaurants with $600 MM in sales
- Experience as Senior Auditor for KPMG
- Strong relationship builder and proven mentor / coach
- Diverse responsibilities related to the U.S. McDonald’s business that included advising on multiple business segments, utilizing project management skills, and providing accounting expertise.
- Oversaw financial performance for business segment of 700 restaurants with $600MM of sales Established asset management center of excellence to reduce costs and protect corporate margins.
- Prepared quarterly earnings release, consolidated cash flows, 10Q/K, board reports and monthly reporting and projection packages.
- Financial lead for 3 year reinvestment strategy to deliver modernized restaurants with corporate return targets; Defined key KPIs and performed financial review of U.S. restaurants for continued operation.
- Led reporting and forecasting process for all McDonald entities with direct responsibility to U.S. CFO; reduced cycle times by 20% while improving accuracy by 12%.
- Served as liaison to external auditors for McDonald entities.