Supply Chain Expert 01010
This Supply Chain Expert is a results-oriented professional with significant experience managing both large and
small teams. He is a skilled trainer, facilitator, and mentor and a success-driven achiever with a focus on driving
to corporate objectives. He has a successful track record in managing and negotiating with suppliers to meet
budget and timing constraints for organizations. He also has broad manufacturing, procurement, program
management, and Lean / Six Sigma / quality skills.
- Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma Master Brown Belt
- Motivating and Mentoring
- Contract Development / Negotiations
- Kepner Tregoe Decision Analysis
- International Supply Chain Leader
- Cross-Functional Management
- Program Management
- Purchasing / Commodity Management
- Delivered annual cost reductions in excess of $1MM against a personal metric of $500K by supplier partnerships; leveraged strategic partnerships or consolidated the supplier base to meet corporate performance and cost initiatives.
- Implemented lean manufacturing methods to evaluate the methods with the supply base. Leveraged lean training and lean methodology at suppliers by investing on-site training time and leading supplier teams.
- Led supplier assessments and audits as a means of assuring compliance to corporate requirements and expectations. Communicated, coordinated and executed agreements with purchasing agents, logistics and warehouse management to assure seamless transition to the tactical teams.
- Consistently achieved cost and quality metrics by leading teams during supplier audits, surveys and quarterly business reviews (QBR). QBRs were conducted with strategic suppliers to align supplier roadmaps with the corporate roadmaps. Alignment of the supply base roadmaps resulted in improved total cost of ownership.
- Led aggressive contract negotiations, implemented customer driven management of change requirements and implemented statement of work methodology to avoid misunderstandings and cost overruns.
- Led the ATMI cross-functional supplier management team responsible for key suppliers driving regular business reviews with "A level" suppliers. Metrics were associated with on –time delivery, quality and new product strategy.
- Developed and implemented a vendor managed Inventory system which resulted in cost avoidance and savings of > $750K over the first 12 months of implementation.
- Consistently met or beat cost targets for components sourced (for new product development) resulting in lower total bill of material cost and improved product margins.
- Drove quality improvements with domestic and international suppliers through regular communication, sight visits and reviews resulted in improved total cost of ownership.