Click “request expert” for a free initial screening call with this expert or a similar expert regarding your expert consulting needs
This interim VP of operations and interim plant manager is a highly accomplished, process-minded senior executive with over 30 years’ experience in progressive operations leadership. He has a history of turning around under performing operations. Results-driven, resourceful problem-solver committed to improving bottom-line results through developing and setting strategies for optimal operational performance and continuous improvement. He started his career at Ford Motor Company as an hourly laborer giving him a unique perspective in dealing with employees throughout all levels of an organization. He is certified in lean manufacturing and is a six sigma master blackbelt.
- 30+ years of Operations experience
- Continuous Improvement Leadership
- Plant/Division Mgt from 50 to 800 associates
- ISO 9000/13485 Expertise • MBA, BBA in Labor and Industrial Relations
- Metals, plastics, lamps, automotive, printing, medical device (up through class VI) manufacturing experience.
- Used lean manufacturing techniques (value stream mapping, 5S, root cause analysis, line balancing, work cells, etc.) resulting in cost reductions of more than $3,500,000 over 6 years.
- Reduced inventory by more than 32% while maintaining a 98% or higher fill rate.
- Reduced direct labor by more than 23% over the same time period.
- Assured compliance with all agency (ISO, FDA, UL, CSA, etc.) requirements.
- Upgraded skills of departments by implementing formal cross training regimen.
- Served as project manager for $5,000,000 capital expansion project of custom, proprietary 5-axis CNC equipment for specialty dental products. This project also required hiring and training of supervisors, machinists and support staff. Project was completed on schedule and within budget.
- Challenge given by President and COO to create business model to fill any customer order within five days; industry standard for non-stocked lamps is 4-6 weeks. Streamlined production operations with special focus on quick changeover (SMED) techniques, resulting in meeting goal of five-day turnaround.
- Modified work center routings within MRP II / ERP system to increase system flexibility to meet needs of program, resulting in further inventory reductions.
- Utilized lean manufacturing concepts (cellular manufacturing, 5S, root cause analysis, quick set-up times, reduced multiple material handling, theory of constraints, etc.) to make significant inventory reductions and process improvements
- Lowered manufacturing labor costs by 17% through strategic use of work cells and focusing on quality improvements. Achieved ISO 9000 certification on first attempt.
- Increased manufacturing capacity of knife manufacturing from 11 – 17,000,000 annually by identifying bottlenecks and taking appropriate action. Specifics included streamlining polishing of blades process and changing manufacturing protocols.
- Improved throughput of polishing aluminum castings (Kirby Company) by modifying roughing routine and grit selections.
- Vice President – Operations Excellence
- Vice President of Operations – Multiple Site Locations
- Vice President – Service Operations
- Director of US Operations
- General Manager
- Plant Manager
- Six Sigma Black Belt, Best Practices Research
- Lean Manufacturing, Best Practices Research
- Six Sigma Green Belt, General Electric
- Design for Manufacturing & Assembly
- Certified Statistical Engineer
- DuPont STOP Safety System
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org