Our Supply Chain recruiting and consulting team maintains and grows a national network of senior level Supply Chain professionals with specific industry and specialty experience. We understand the nuances of the supply chain needs on an integrated perspective from strategic sourcing to distribution for our clients and are able to flexibly and cost effectively provide companies with the supply chain management resources they need for their business. We assist clients in obtaining supply chain talent and expertise they need by recruiting full-time hires, providing interim executives or expert consultants with specific supply chain, industry, or issue area expertise.
Supply Chain Trends Impacting Recruiting & Consulting
Our supply recruiting team partners with companies to understand the detailed skills needed for the role and provides the right talent quickly, flexibly and affordably and often focusing on new skill sets needed by our clients.
Here are some of the key trends driving supply chain recruiting needs:
- Transportation / Warehouse Labor – Transportation and warehouse labor is an area with growing shortages due to the rapid growth in online shopping that is creating strong demand for delivery drivers. The labor shortages are also a contributing factor to widespread transportation capacity shortage in the US. However, there is available transportation capacity out there that takes skilled logistics management to unlock the potential. Additionally, hiring Transportation managers who understand ways to attract and retain warehouse personnel is becoming more important.
- E-Business – For both OEMs and distributors, e business is taking a greater prominence and requiring more investment and creating new challenges. These requirements include connecting direct to customer purchasing/estimating systems, marketplaces, and contractor estimating systems. Skills and understanding around CRM, content marketing, microsites, advertising, and SEO are becoming more important in recruiting supply chain and distribution personnel. Besides just managing costs, it requires recruiting and engaging supply chain and distribution experts that can build new revenue streams and help companies manage them.
- Supply Chain Process Improvement – On the distribution side of supply chain both OEMs and distributers are being required and asked to shorten lead times and reduce cost. Recruiting supply chain professionals with lean and process improvement skills is becoming increasing important.
- Supply Chain Job Market - The general supply chain job market has been hot for years and there are increasing challenges to find and source top supply chain talent. This function has suffered more than others in terms of Baby Boomers retiring in drove and leaving organizations without people with the necessary skills and experience to fill the gaps. It critical that companies leverage best practice Supply Chain recruiting techniques. Additionally, there is a significant capacity of highly experienced supply chain professionals available for interim or project roles to advance key initiatives. Companies should learn to effectively leverage this talent pool.
Request for Services
Let us know how we can help you with your Supply Chain recruiting and talent needs and our Executive Search team will follow up with you promptly.
Our IT recruiting team can help you fill the following roles with experience in your industry:
- Director of Supply Chain
- VP Supply Chain
- VP Integrated Supply Chain
- VP of Materials
- Senior Director Supply Chain
- Chief Supply Chain Officer
- Director Strategic Sourcing
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Director of Procurement
- Director of Purchasing
- Director of Logistics
- Multi-Site Distribution Leader
- Director Of Supply Chain Management
Our Supply Chain team works across the following industries:
- Building Materials
- CPG & Consumer
- Food, Ingredients, and Food Processing
- Healthcare / Medical
- Life Sciences