Our Product Development and R&D recruiting and expert consulting team maintains and grows a national network of Product Development professionals with experience across various industries and specialties. We understand the needs of our clients and are able to flexibly and cost effectively provide companies with the exact resources they need for their business. We assist clients in obtaining the talent and expertise they need by recruiting full-time hires, providing senior engineering interim executives or expert consultants with specific product development, R&D, industry, or issue area expertise.
Product Development Trends Impacting Recruiting & Consulting
Our Product Development and R&D recruiting team partners with companies to understand the detailed skills needed for the role and provides the right talent quickly, with a focus on new skill sets needed by our clients.
Here are some of the key trends driving product development and R&D leadership needs:
- Sustainable Product Design: Today, people are increasingly aware and making buying decisions based on the sustainability of a product and its packaging. Millennials care about being eco-friendly more than any generation before them. It is important for all companies to incorporate sustainability in their product design and product development approach. This requires recruiting talent with sustainability expertise and experience.
- Product Road Mapping: In the last decade product permanence has dramatically decreased. Products must be created to meet functional needs, but also designed with future adaptability in mind to meet evolving demands.
- Product mapping by market segment is the key to success for a lengthening a product’s shelf life. This need is driving product development recruiting professionals who have been trained and have expertise in building this type of product road map or strategy where there is a constant product evolution.
- Using Data Analytics In R&D: With the advancement of IoT technology and increasing customer data there is a significant amount of data coming to R&D organizations from customers, devices, and sensors. The key in R&D is “making sense” of this data on a continuous basis to target the right R&D challenges and opportunities that will make the biggest difference in the marketplace.
Leveraging New Materials & Break-through Manufacturing Techniques:
In order to create break-through technologies and products and transformational growth it is becoming critical for companies to consider both new materials and existing materials using new process technologies. There is a significant opportunity for R&D organizations to leverage and invent new molecules and materials to gain break-through performance. It’s critical to recruit R&D engineers and leaders who can advance system-level design and engineering to fully leverage the combinations of new materials and process technologies to create these break-throughs.
Request for Services
Let us know how we can help you with your Product Development and R&D recruiting and talent needs and our Executive Search team will follow up with you promptly.
Our Product Development and R&D recruiting team can help you fill the following roles with experience in your industry:
- Vice President of Product Development
- Director of Product Development
- Director of Research & Development
- Research & Development Officer
- Vice President of Research & Development
- Director of Product Design
- Senior Product Design Engineer
- Senior Research & Development Engineer
- Senior Product Development Manager
- Product Director
- Director of New Product
- Product Development Engineer
- Product Development Scientist