Our Project Management recruiting and expert consulting team maintains and grows a national network of Product Management professionals with experience across various industries and specialties. We understand the needs of our clients and are able to flexibly and cost effectively provide companies with the exact resources they need for their business. We assist clients in obtaining the talent and expertise they need by recruiting full-time hires, providing interim executives or expert consultants with specific project management, industry, or issue area expertise.
Project Management Trends Impacting Recruiting & Consulting
Our Project Management recruiting team partners with companies to understand the detailed skills needed for the role and provides the right talent quickly, flexibly and affordably and often focusing on new skill sets needed by our clients.
Here are some of the key trends driving project management needs:
- Vendor Management: Today’s project managers are expected to manage vendor relationships. It’s critical that project managers recruited and hired have a strong understanding of contractual elements, negotiation tactics and collaborative skills. Evaluating and recruiting project managers with these skill sets that can effectively navigate a complex supplier network is a requirement for most companies.
- Soft Skills: Effective project managers not only are adept at the technical and process elements of project management but, also have emotional intelligence that enables them to increase team synergy. The recruiting process assesses emotional intelligence, self-awareness, empathy, motivation, and self-regulation. Other soft skills are also very important like leadership, communication and collaboration. Finally, the PM must fit in the company culture to be successful. Recruiting project managers or selecting interim project managers requires evaluating these soft skills which are often more important that industry or technical experience.
- Agile Project Management - Historically the Waterfall method was used in most project management where projects simply followed steps until they were ultimately completed. Today, Agile methodology is continuing to gain momentum and becoming a standard for companies in different industries. Agile is becoming popular because of the ability to quickly adapt scope requirements through the iterative nature of the methodology enables flexibility and ends in better results. Recruiting Project Managers that a familiar and experience with Agile is becoming an increasingly important requirement.
- Managing Remote Worker - Remote work is attractive to “millennials” and increasing dramatically. Employers are recognizing that with effective project management they can achieve the same and often better productivity with a remote work force. Happier employees with a proper work-life balance lead to this increase in productivity. The modern day project manager needs to be effective and experience in managing a remote team. This involves recruiting project managers who have remote management experience and understand how to leverage collaborative PM tools to achieve proper coordination and collaboration.
Request for Services
Let us know how we can help you with your Project Management recruiting and talent needs and our Executive Search team will follow up with you promptly.
Our Product Development and R&D recruiting team can help you fill the following roles with experience in your industry:
- Project Manager
- Project Delivery Manager
- Project Development Manager
- Senior Project Manager
- Senior Project Development Manager
- Lead Project Manager
- Manager Project Management
- Director Project Management
- Program Manager
- Manager Program Management
- Information Technology Program Management
- Engineering Program Manager
- Director Project Management Office
- Manager Project Management Office