Our Engineering recruiting and consulting team maintains and grows a national network of engineering professionals with experience across various industries and specialties. We understand the nuances of and needs of our clients and are able to flexibly and cost effectively provide companies with the exact resources they need for their business. We assist clients in obtaining the engineering and technical talent and expertise they need by recruiting full-time hires, providing senior interim executives or expert consultants with specific engineering, industry, or issue area expertise.
Challenges in Recruiting and Hiring Engineers
Unemployment in engineering is at record lows, while new engineering roles are continually being created. There is clearly a war for talent.
- There will not be enough candidates to fill the available roles as we advance into the 2020’s
- Employers will struggle to attract the right talent in an industry where only about 50% of new engineering graduates choose engineering as a career path
- The market is experiencing skills shortages among the graduates who choose an engineering career path. It’s broadly understood that the education system is not adequately preparing candidates for their impending entry into the job market
- Engineering requires technical knowledge as well as soft skills that some candidates – not just new graduates – could lack.
The window for hiring is shrinking as candidates move quickly with job offers. Businesses that can quickly identify top talent and make rapid offers, will acquire the best talent. Our Engineering recruiting team works aggressively, quickly and comprehensively to identify the best talent enabling our clients to make offers quickly.
Driverless transportation – the biggest disruptive technology in development is driverless vehicles. Due to a trucker shortage and higher demand, the successful implementation of self-driving trucks could threaten railroad and car rental companies. Additionally, companies that most effectively integrate this advancing technology into their operations will have a competitive advantage over other.
- Automation and robotics -- End-to-end productivity and the way business can be done by engineers throughout the whole production process has been impacted by recent robotic developments, widespread adoption, and the automation system of the plant.
- Need of recruiting talent -- Companies are in need of skillful professionals like automation engineers, industrial control system designer, controls, and instrumentation technicians.
- Additive manufacturing (AM) -- technology implementation is becoming important and accelerating quickly. Prototyping commonly uses 3-D printing and for most production applications such as defense, medical devices, aerospace, and automotive.
- Investing in fast technologies -- Some of the world’s largest producers are investing in fast technologies, leading to the high demand of talented engineers needed for integration into production and development of new applications. Amongst the skills needed for recruiting engineers in Additive Manufacturing (AM) includes; topology optimization (TO or TopOpt) and design for additive manufacturing (DFAM).
- Internet of Things (IOT) -- There will be a continuing effect of the arrival of digital manufacturing on engineering as increasingly services and solutions are made available on demand. For example, the concept of “smart factory” enabled by containing data that connects CAD/CAM, suppliers, ERP, and production machinery and by the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) allows manufacturing operation management and powerful new analysis. In recruiting engineers there is often the need for engineers that are highly skilled in analyzing and accessing the data that comes from IOT applications and creating a positive impact for the operation or for customer benefit.
Request for Services
Let us know how we can help you with your Transportation and Logistics recruiting and talent needs and our Executive Search team will follow up with you promptly.
Our Engineering recruiting team can help you fill the following roles with experience in your industry:
- VP Engineering
- Director of Engineering
- Plant Engineering
- Field Engineering
- Solution Engineers
- Lead Engineer
- Senior Engineer
- Software Engineers
- Civil Engineers
- Chemical Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Structural Engineers
- Genetic Engineers
- Biomedical Engineers
- Military Engineers
- Nuclear Engineers
- Forensic Engineers
- Reverse Engineering
- Environmental Engineers
- Aerospace Engineers
- Automation Engineer
- Industrial Control System Designer
- Instrumentation Engineer
- Additive Manufacturing Design