Government | Public Sector Executive Search Firm
M&A’s government and public sector recruiting team understands the typical needs in the industry and can help businesses refine their recruiting and search needs. We maintain and grow a network of experts with experience in the government / public sector industry, enabling us to efficiently and cost-effectively provide companies with the talent and expertise they need to advance their businesses.
We assist clients in obtaining the talent and expertise they need by recruiting full-time hires, providing interim government executives or expert consultants with experience in the public sector industry.
Trends in Government / Public Sector Recruiting and Talent Acquisition
The government / public sector is being impacted by several key trends driving new requirements for talent acquisition. Our government / public sector recruiting team partners with organizations to provide the right talent quickly, flexibly and affordably.
Key trends in the industry driving key talent acquisition requirements:
Digital / IT Recruiting
- Process Improvement – in order to fulfill the personalization of the services ambition, among other things governments and public sector organizations need to invest in technologies and innovations to improve processes and outcomes. This requires a transition “from S-government (S-government is characterized by large-scale, standardized solutions) to I-government” (I-government solutions focus on developing more intelligent, interactive solutions that focus on individual needs).
Productivity Improvement Recruitment
- Outsourcing – governments have turned to outsourcing as a way of accessing external expertise and delivering services more cost-effectively. Outsourcing of activities includes sourcing services from the private sector but also from other government entities.
Data Analytics Recruiting
- Leverage data analytics – a major focus in government today is effectively using all the data that is collected to surface insight on what is driving problems. Most state and federal agencies and non-profits are just beginning to add talent to effectively leverage the data they have. There are still challenges in terms of creating the linkage from the data to what needs to be changed. Make sense of the data and tying it to mission is critical.
HR and Organizational Development Recruiting
- Personnel management – often the leaders are put in place in the public sector that have not had significant leadership training and mentorship in their past. The organizations they manage are often highly complex in that the people resources are less motivated and rewarded than the private sector (e.g., volunteers, part-timer, low paid workers).
- Organization management – the mission and goals of the organization are often ambiguous and unclear. All these factors lead to the need of organizational experts to help these leaders and organizations and recruiting HR and Organizational professional to support the leaders.
Request for Services
Let us know how we can help you with your government / public sector recruiting and talent needs and our executive search team will follow up with you promptly.
Our specialized area in the government sector recruiting include:
- Local / City Government
- State Government
- Government Agencies
- Fire and Police Departments
- Government Laboratories
- Public Education
- Public Transit
Our government / public sector recruiting team support the following functional areas:
- Accounting / Finance Recruiting
- Engineering Recruiting
- Human Resources Recruiting
- Legal Recruiting
- Management Recruiting
- Manufacturing Recruiting
- Marketing Recruiting
- Program / Project Management Recruiting
- Relationship Management Recruiting
- IT Technical Recruiting